Friday, January 4, 2013




Welcome to the "Blog". The first agenda item will be the experiences while attending the FBI National Academy Session #252 at the United States Marine Corps Base in Quantico, Virginia. I will be leaving on January 10, 2013 and plan to graduate on March 22.


The application process takes anywhere from 2 to 3 years to complete. There's four sessions a year.  The FBI District of Nebraska encompasses Nebraska and Iowa and has 3 slots in each session NA session, so that equates to 6 slots for Nebraska candidates and 6 for Iowa every year.  Each session is comprised of approximately 250-275 officers who represent every state as well as approximately 20 foreign countries. Only 1/2 of one percent of US law enforcement officers are selected to attend the FBI NA.  LaVista Police Captains Kevin Pokorny and DJ Barcal are NA graduates.  

This is not a "just sign up for the course" training. There is a fitness and weight requirement, so advance preparation, much like preparing for the police recruit academy, is a must. I began my prep work over a year ago and have had countless trips to the gym and calorie cutting. As probably one of the older cops in the class (average age is about 41), I want to make sure I can hang, so I dropped about 30 lbs and am probably in the best shape I've been in for the past 20 years.  Hopefully that will help get me through the physical part!! 


Feel free to share this blog with anyone you feel may be interested. I hope to have some great experiences to share over the next several months.  It's great to have the support of my family, co-workers and most importantly the forward-thinking leaders in La Vista government.  


I hope to be at the "Q" by January 12, 2013. More to come then.

No comments:

Post a Comment