Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Last Day at Work...10-8 Tomorrow

Today was my last day in the office.  I cleaned out the in-basket and filtered the emails.  The department is in good hands...Capt Pokorny and Captain Barcal along with the great Sergeants we have will see to that.  Part of any succession plan involves delegating responsibility and giving your staff opportunities to develop their skill sets.  

Finished up packing and loading up the car.  One of the pieces of advice I have been given is to not over pack, as the uniform of the day, every day, is a green polo shirt and khaki TAC pants.  That being said, as fashion conscious as I am, I did pack about 10 different tee shirts and a couple pair of jeans, (and of course a suit and a couple dress shirts for the official things). My wife bought me a Keurig earlier this year.  That will definitely be making the trip.  

Looking at the normal winter weather in Northern Virginia, it looks like the average highs are around 45-50 in Jan-Feb, with lows in the upper 20s…that will feel like Florida weather to me!  I’m sure the actual Florida officers, along with the Californians and other sun-birds, will be packing newly purchased parkas and snow boots!

There's a great advantage to driving rather than flying to the NA. Trunk space and the back seat equal alot more room than two checked bags. I understand the dorm rooms at the NA are rather small so having the ability to keep some stuff in the car may come in handy. Also, if I get a roommate that snores uncontrollably, he may fit in the trunk.

Leaving at 0-dark-thirty tomorrow morning.  Looks like rain between Omaha and the east coast...that beats snow. 10-8 


No comments:

Post a Comment