Friday, January 11, 2013

I didn't know there were mountains in Pennsylvania!!!

It's a long drive from the Omaha metro to the east coast, especially in the rain.  After not seeng much rain at all in 2012, I have seen non-stop precip from 1400 hrs on Thursday to the present time (2100) Friday. It started at the Iowa-Illinois border and hasn't stopped.  Semi trucks on the Interstate make thing worse!  After finally getting out of the "land of Pelini" (Ohio), I rolled into Pennsylvania and treked down the PA Turnpike through the mountains.  I never knew there were mountains in PA. I-76 goes through the Alleghenys...combine that with rain and semi trucks makes for white-knuckle driving.  I did make a stop at the Flight 93 crash site. Amazing what those passengers did on that plane in giving their lives to save so many others!  I've been fortunate to have been to two of the three 9-11 sites, and I'll get to The WTC site n NYC next month.
When I made it into Maryland I saw the exedous of traffic northbound on I-70 out of DC. Alot of people must live in the north "suburbs" (50 miles out!!).
I'll check in to the "Q" tomorrow afternoon.  More then. 10-7 for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment